Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With The MICU
Table of contents
B1188 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1188 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1188 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the B1188 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1188 ACURA Description
The Gauge Control Module monitors the Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU). The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when there is no communication with the MICU (RM Message).