EVAP System Purge Control Valve Circuit Open
Table of contents
P0444 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0444 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0444 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0444 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
– An excessively low voltage signal is sent to ECM through the valve
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0444 AUDI Description
The Evaporative Emission System (EVAP) canister purge volume control solenoid valve uses a ON/OFF duty to control the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve is moved by ON/OFF pulses from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The longer the ON pulse, the greater the amount of fuel vapor that will flow through the valve.