PCM Internal F-CAN Communication Circuit Malfunction
Table of contents
P16D7 ACURA Possible Causes
- Controller Area Network (CAN) Communication
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) harness is open or shorted
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P16D7 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P16D7 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P16D7 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P16D7 ACURA Description
The Controller Area Network (CAN) transmits/receives pulsing signals to/from the control modules simultaneously by using two signal lines (CANH and CANL).
When F-CAN communication between the FI CPU and the CVT CPU inside the powertrain control module (PCM) is abnormal and F-CAN communication is interrupted for a specified time, a malfunction is detected and a DTC is stored.