Unexpected Mechanical Gear Disengagement
Table of contents
P2711 AUDI Possible Causes
- Double Clutch worn/faulty
- Worn/Damaged gear shaft(s)
- Faulty Output Shaft Speed Sensor 1/2
- Output Shaft Speed Sensor 1/2 harness is open or shorted
- Output Shaft Speed Sensor 1/2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Mechatronic Unit for Double Clutch Transmission
How do I fix code P2711 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P2711 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P2711 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2711 AUDI Description
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors transmission parameters such as fluid pressure, vehicle speed, gear position. The monitor can also detect when a fault occurs which results in a shifting issue or the incorrect gear ratio being selected. The OBDII code P2711 is set when the TCM detects a mechanical problem in the transmission.