Lost Communication With Front Seat Heater Control Unit
Table of contents
U1290 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Seat Heater Control Unit
- Front Seat Heater Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Front Seat Heater Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Climate Control Unit
How do I fix code U1290?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the U1290 code
The cost of diagnosing the U1290 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a communication malfunction was detected between the Front Seat Heater Control Unit and the Climate Control Unit.