CAN Communication Failure With VSA
Table of contents
U12B5 Possible Causes
- Faulty Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) Modulator Control Unit
- Vehicle Stability Assist Modulator Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Vehicle Stability Assist Modulator Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electric Brake Booster Control Unit
How do I fix code U12B5?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the U12B5 code
The cost of diagnosing the U12B5 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a Controller Area Network (CAN) communication malfunction was detected between the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) Modulator Control Unit and the Electric Brake Booster Control Unit.