Left Side BSI Radar Unit Lost Communication With Right Side BSI Radar Unit
Table of contents
U1297 Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Side BSI Radar Unit
- Left Side BSI Radar Unit harness is open or shorted
- Left Side BSI Radar Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Right Side BSI Radar Unit
How do I fix code U1297?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the U1297 code
The cost of diagnosing the U1297 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a communication malfunction was detected between the Left Side BSI Radar Unit and the Right Side BSI Radar Unit.