MICU Lost Communication With Relay Control Module
Table of contents
U1291 Possible Causes
- Faulty Relay Control Module
- Relay Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Relay Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
How do I fix code U1291?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the U1291 code
The cost of diagnosing the U1291 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a communication malfunction was detected between the Relay Control Module and the Rear Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU).