Short In The Recirculation Control Motor Circuit
Table of contents
B1220 Possible Causes
- Faulty Recirculation Control Motor
- Recirculation Control Motor harness is open or shorted
- Recirculation Control Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Climate Control Unit
How do I fix code B1220?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1220 code
The cost of diagnosing the B1220 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Climate Control Unit monitors the Recirculation Control Motor. The Climate Control Unit sets the OBDII code when the Recirculation Control Motor is not to factory specifications.