Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With Electrical Compass Unit
Table of contents
B1179 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Electrical Compass Unit
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1179 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1179 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the B1179 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1179 ACURA Description
The Gauge Control Module monitors the Electrical Compass Unit. The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Electrical Compass Unit communication is not to factory specifications.