Gauge Control Module Lost Communication With The SRS Unit
Table of contents
B1187 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Unit
- Faulty Gauge Control Module
- Gauge Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Gauge Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1187 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1187 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the B1187 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1187 ACURA Description
The Gauge Control Module monitors the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Airbag Unit. The Gauge Control Module sets the OBDII code when the SRS Unit communication is not to factory specifications.