Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor High Voltage
Table of contents
P0453 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor
- Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P0453 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0453 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0453 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
A high voltage signal from the fuel tank pressure sensor is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0453 ACURA Description
The Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) pressure sensor detects pressure in the purge line. The sensor output voltage to the Engine Control Module (ECM) increases as pressure increases.