Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit High Voltage
Table of contents
P0523 ACURA Possible Causes
- Low oil level or motor mechanical fault
- Faulty Oil Pressure sensor
- Oil Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Oil Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0523 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0523 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0523 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
The P0523 is detected when the signal sent from oil pressure sensor to PCM goes above specifications.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Oil pressure warning light ON
P0523 ACURA Description
The PCM continuously monitors the engine oil pressure. The Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch sends a signal to the PCM when the engine is running.