A/C Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage
Table of contents
P0533 ACURA Possible Causes
- A/C system low or over charge with refrigerant
- Faulty A/C refrigerant pressure sensor
- Cooling fans in-operative
- A/C refrigerant pressure sensor circuit open or shorted
- A/C refrigerant pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0533 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0533 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0533 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
The P0533 code is detected when the signal circuit is too high.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- A/C Inoperative
- A/C Blows Warm
P0533 ACURA Description
The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the high side refrigerant pressure via a A/C refrigerant pressure sensor. When the pressure is high the signal voltage is high. When the pressure is low the signal voltage is low. When pressure is high the PCM commands the cooling fans on. When pressure is too high or too low the PCM will not allow the A/C compressor clutch to engage.