VIN Not Programmed Or Mismatch
Table of contents
P0630 ACURA Possible Causes
- Engine Control Module (ECM) Programming error
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) not programmed to Engine Control Module
- Faulty or wrong Engine Control Module
How do I fix code P0630 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- If a new Engine Control Module (ECM) is installed in a vehicle, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) has to be reprogrammed to the new Engine Control Module.
Cost of diagnosing the P0630 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0630 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0630 ACURA Description
The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is stored in the Engine Control Module (ECM). The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0630 is stored when the Vehicle Identification Number is not stored in the Engine Control Module or the input Vehicle Identification Number is not accurate. Input the Vehicle Identification Number with the scan tool.