Output Shaft Speed Sensor Range/Performance
Table of contents
P0721 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor
- Output Shaft Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Output Shaft Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P0721 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
User Submitted Video
Cost of diagnosing the P0721 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0721 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Speedometer improper reading
- Possible shifting problems
P0721 ACURA Description
The Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor is attached to the transmission housing to sense countershaft revolutions. The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines the vehicle speed according to the signal from the Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor to the control units. If no signal from the Output Shaft (Countershaft) Speed Sensor is received for a set period of time, the ECM detects a malfunction, and a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored.