Electric Load Detector Circuit Low Voltage
Table of contents
P1297 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Load Detector Unit
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Electronic Load Detector Unit harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Load Detector Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1297 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1297 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P1297 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1297 ACURA Description
The Electric Load Detector (ELD) measures the main current flow and sends that signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM) to command the alternator charging system to get fuel efficiency and decrease the drag of the engine when starting.