IMA-CAN Malfunction Internal Malfunction
Table of contents
P16D6 ACURA Possible Causes
- Controller Integrated Motor Assist-Controller Area Network (IMA-CAN) Communication
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) harness is open or shorted
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P16D6 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P16D6 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P16D6 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P16D6 ACURA Description
The Integrated Motor Assist-Controller Area Network (IMA-CAN) uses two signal lines, IMACANH and IMACANL, and it receives and transmits multiple signals simultaneously to/from multiple control modules.
When the signals are not sent from the CVT CPU through the IMA-CAN and this condition continues for a specified time, or when the signals sent from the CVT CPU are abnormal and this condition continues for a specified cycle, a malfunction is detected and a DTC is stored.