PCM Internal IMA-CAN Communication Circuit Malfunction
Table of contents
P16D8 ACURA Possible Causes
- Controller Integrated Motor Assist-Controller Area Network (IMA-CAN) Communication
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) harness is open or shorted
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P16D8 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P16D8 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P16D8 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P16D8 ACURA Description
The Integrated Motor Assist-Controller Area Network (IMA-CAN) uses two signal lines, IMACANH and IMACANL, and it receives and transmits multiple signals simultaneously to/from multiple control modules.
When IMA-CAN communication between the FI CPU and the CVT CPU inside the powertrain control module (PCM) is abnormal and IMA-CAN communication is interrupted for a specified time, a malfunction is detected and a DTC is stored.