Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor ‘B’ Throttle Position Sensor ‘D’ Circuit High Voltage
Table of contents
P2128 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position
- Accelerator Pedal Position harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How do I fix code P2128 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) may have to be updated.
Cost of diagnosing the P2128 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P2128 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2128 ACURA Description
Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor B is a part of the Electronic Throttle Control System (ETCS), and it is used to convert the position of the accelerator pedal into electrical signals. Based on these signals, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controls the throttle actuator so that the throttle position agrees with the accelerator pedal position. If the signal voltage from APP sensor A is a set value or less, the PCM detects a malfunction and stores a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).