Intake Air System Leak
Table of contents
P2279 ACURA Possible Causes
- Check for intake leaks
- Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
- Faulty PCV system
How do I fix code P2279 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- There is a factory service bulletin for the following Acura Models:
- – 2013-2014 Acura ILX
- – 2003-2013 Acura MDX
- – 2007-2013 Acura RDX
- – 2005-2012 Acura RL
- – 2014 Acura RLX
- – 2004-2013 Acura TL
- – 2004-2013 Acura TSX
- – 2010-2012 Acura ZDX
- Just cleaned or replaced the throttle body and now you’ve got one or more of these symptoms?
- – Fluctuating idle
- – MIL on with DTC P2279 (intake air system leak)
- – MIL on with P0507 (idle control system RPM higher than expected)
- What’s probably happened is the throttle plate is now in a different position from the one the ECM/PCM had learned.
- To fix this problem, the ECM/PCM has to relearn the current closed throttle position.
- 1. Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio unit, defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
- 2. Start the engine with the shift lever in P, parking brake on, and hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm until the radiator fan comes on.
- 3. Let the engine idle for 10 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
Cost of diagnosing the P2279 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P2279 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2279 ACURA Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) has detected a vacuum leak into the engine. The ECM monitors the air passing through the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor, a vacuum leak means that unmetered air is entering the engine without passing through the MAF.