Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Stuck Closed
Table of contents
P2422 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Evaporative Emission Vent Shut Valve
- Evaporative Emission Vent Shut Valve harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission Vent Shut Valve circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P2422 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P2422 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P2422 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2422 ACURA Description
The fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor output indicates about atmospheric pressure 0 kPa (0 in.Hg, 0 mmHg) before purge starts since the evaporative emission (EVAP) canister vent shut valve is normally open (open to the atmosphere). The sensor indicates a negative pressure value (vacuum) during purging.
When the FTP sensor indicates vacuum after starting the engine, there is the possibility of an FTP sensor zero point shift failure or an EVAP canister vent shut valve stuck closed failure. So the powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the FTP sensor output after purge starts. The PCM detects a malfunction of the EVAP canister vent shut valve if the output indicates excessive vacuum.
However, if the fuel tank internal pressure is below the specified value (excessive vacuum is detected) when starting the engine, the malfunction detection should be done as follows because it is difficult to distinguish the FTP sensor range problem (P1454) from the EVAP canister vent shut valve stuck closed (P2422).
1. If neither Temporary Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) (P1454 nor P2422) is stored, both DTCs are stored.
2. If both Temporary DTCs (P1454 and P2422) are stored and excessive vacuum is detected, both DTCs are stored.
3. If either Temporary DTC (P1454 or P2422) is stored and excessive vacuum is detected, the PCM stores the DTC of the Temporary DTC that was stored.