Power Tailgate Control Unit Lost Communication With Rear MICU
Table of contents
U1283 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Power Tailgate Control Unit
- Power Tailgate Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Power Tailgate Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
How do I fix code U1283 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the U1283 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the U1283 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1283 ACURA Description
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a communication malfunction was detected between the Power Tailgate Control Unit and the Rear Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU).