Engine Temperature Too Low
Table of contents
P3081 AUDI Possible Causes
- Engine low on coolant
- Faulty Thermostat
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P3081 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- If the vehicle is running hot, start by checking for coolant leaks at the thermostat housing area. If no leaks are found, then check the operation of the cooling fan. If everything checks out OK, replace the thermostat.
Cost of diagnosing the P3081 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P3081 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P3081 AUDI Description
This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored in the Engine Control Module (ECM) when the output from the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor is not as expected or missing. The ECM uses information from the intake air temperature sensor and the engine oil temperature sensor to carry out a plausibility check on the signal. ECT sensors are normally a negative temperature coefficient thermistor. The signal voltage drops as the engine temperature increases. The signal from the sensor is used to adjust the ignition system rate of advance and the fuel injection system from various operating conditions.