Invalid Or Missing Data For Odometer
Table of contents
- Possible Causes
- How To Fix
- Tech Notes
- Cost To Diagnose
- When is the code detected
- Possible Symptoms
U1123 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty / intermittent vehicle speed sensor / connections
- J1850 / SCP / CAN Bus wiring intermittently open, shorted to power or ground
- Faulty / intermittent connection at the Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Faulty / intermittent connection at the Anti-Lock Brake Module (ABS)
How do I fix code U1123 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- This is typically an electrical wiring connection issue, either at the engine controller or at the sensors being monitored by the manufacturer.
- It can occur if the wiring to the vehicle speed sensor breaks or the sensor itself has issues.
Cost of diagnosing the U1123 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the U1123 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
When the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is unable to communicate with any other controller on the bus network at any time while the ignition switch is in the RUN position.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- O/D Light Flashes Continuously
- Speedometer does not register
U1123 AUDI Description
This is a manufacturer specific fault code and can be used for several different faults, depending upon what the manufacturer wants to use it for. Controllers communicate over the Serial Communication Protocol (SCP) bus network, also known as J1850 bus, or Controller Area Network or CAN Bus. These bus communication systems may or may not be fault tolerant, which means any type of intermittent/loose connection between these controllers could cause communication to stop. When these controllers are unable to communicate with each other at any time while the ignition switch is turned on, code U1123 will set.