Intake Flap For Airflow Control Control Difference
Table of contents
P3138 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor
- Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control Solenoid Valve
How do I fix code P3138 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- There is a Factory Service Bulletin for the following Audi models:
- 2005-2007 Audi A3
- 2005-2007 Audi A4
- 2007 Audi A4 Cabriolet
- 2008 Audi TT
- Audi Factory Service Bulletin OBDII Code P3138
Cost of diagnosing the P3138 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P3138 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P3138 AUDI Description
Manufacturers can use a variable geometry intake manifold to alter airflow into the manifold under certain conditions. Under low load conditions, a long thin manifold runner is ideal for flow velocity and swirl/turbulence. Under high load demands, a short think runner is ideal. The rate of intake swirl and turbulence is critical to fuel mixture formation and agitation. A position sensor can be fixed to the control circuit to monitor the valve for both electrical and mechanical faults. An actuator test can be performed to test the circuit and live data or an oscilloscope can be used to validate the position feedback.