‘B’ Camshaft Position Actuator Circuit Bank 2
Table of contents
P0023 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Continuously Variable Valve Timing Solenoid
- Continuously Variable Valve Timing Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Continuously Variable Valve Timing Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How do I fix code P0023 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0023 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0023 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0023 AUDI Description
This fault code is stored in the Engine Control Module (ECM) when the output from the camshaft position sensor is not as expected. The camshaft position sensor is used to monitor the position of the camshaft. The engine control module uses this information to determine the synchronization and phasing of the camshaft in relation to the crankshaft. A fault in the variable valve timing and/or valve lift system will generate this fault code.