Turbo/Super Charger Wastegate Solenoid ‘B’ Low
Table of contents
P0249 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Turbo Boost Control Solenoid Valve
- Turbo Boost Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Turbo Boost Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Faulty Wastegate
How do I fix code P0249 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0249 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0249 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0249 AUDI Description
This fault code is stored in the Engine Control Module (ECM) when a fault is detected with the wastegate control solenoid circuit. The purpose of the control system is to limit the boost pressure to allow for optimum performance without the risk of engine damage due to excessive boost pressure. The electrical circuit is monitored for open circuit, short circuit, and high resistance conditions.