Cold Start ‘A’ Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced Bank 2
Table of contents
P052C AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft position sensor
- Faulty Camshaft position sensor
- Faulty Intake valve timing control solenoid valve
- Faulty Intake valve timing intermediate lock control solenoid valve
- Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
- Incorrect timing chain installation
- Foreign matter caught in the oil groove for intake valve timing control
How do I fix code P052C AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P052C AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P052C AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P052C AUDI Description
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) position for an over-advanced camshaft timing during cold start up. The test fails when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an advanced position.