Electronic Control Module Power Relay Control Circuit Open
Table of contents
P0688 AUDI Possible Causes
- Weak batteryLow voltage while cranking
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) relay
- Blown ECM fuse
- Faulty ECM
- ECM harness is open or shorted
- ECM circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0688 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- Check all the ECM fuses, if the fuses are OK try replacing the ECM relay.
Cost of diagnosing the P0688 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0688 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0688 AUDI Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the power inputs. The ECM sets the OBDII code when the ECM remains powered up after the ignition switch has been turned OFF.