Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range Performance
Table of contents
- Possible Causes
- How To Fix
- Tech Notes
- Cost To Diagnose
- When is the code detected
- Possible Symptoms
P0706 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Park/neutral position switch
- Misadjusted park/neutral position switch
- Park/neutral position switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/neutral position switch circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0706 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
User Submitted Video
Cost of diagnosing the P0706 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0706 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position and sends a signal to the TCM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0706 AUDI Description
The park/neutral position (PNP) switch includes a transmission range switch. The transmission range switch detects the selector lever position when the shift lever is in the N or P shift position and sends a signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).