Engine Speed Input Circuit Range/Performance
Table of contents
P0726 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM)
How do I fix code P0726 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0726 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0726 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
The P0726 Codes is triggered when the TCM detected that the calculated engine speed is greater than the RPM’s received from ECM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0726 AUDI Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the engine speed through the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor with the engine running, and send signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM).