Shift Solenoid ‘E’ Electrical
Table of contents
P0773 AUDI Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid ‘E’ valve
- Shift solenoid ‘E’ valve harness is open or shorted
- Shift solenoid ‘E’ valve circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0773 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0773 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P0773 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected
The P0773 code is detected when the gear required by the ECM does not match the actual gear when vehicle is driven.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission will not shift gears.
P0773 AUDI Description
Shift solenoid valve ‘E’ is turned ON or OFF by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the park/neutral position (PNP) switch, vehicle speed and Engine Control Module (ECM) (throttle opening). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.