Cooling System Performance
Table of contents
P2181 AUDI Possible Causes
- Low coolant level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
- Stuck or leaking thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P2181 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P2181 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P2181 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2181 AUDI Description
The Engine Control Module monitors the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor signal to determine the engine temperature. the ECM sets the OBDII code when the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor signal is out of factory specifications.