Secondary Air Injection System Control ‘A’ Circuit High
Table of contents
P2258 AUDI Possible Causes
- Faulty Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay
- Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay harness is open or shorted
- Secondary Air Injection (AIR) Pump Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump.
- Faulty Secondary air injection (AIR) solenoid.
How do I fix code P2258 AUDI?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P2258 AUDI code
The cost of diagnosing the P2258 AUDI code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2258 AUDI Description
Air is blown briefly into the exhaust valves by the Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System during a cold start. This produces an oxygen rich exhaust gas, causes after burning and reduces the heating-up phase of the catalytic converter.