Engine Control Module Power Relay Control Circuit Open
Table of contents
P0685 ACURA Possible Causes
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) power relay
- ECM power relay harness is open or shorted
- ECM power relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Blown ECM fuse
- Faulty ECM
How do I fix code P0685 ACURA?
Check the “Possible Causes” listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector’s pins.
- Check all the Engine Control Module (ECM) fuses, if the fuses are OK, then replacing the ECM relay should take care of the problem.
Cost of diagnosing the P0685 ACURA code
The cost of diagnosing the P0685 ACURA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle’s make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0685 ACURA Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the power inputs. The ECM sets the OBDII code when the ECM remains powered up after the ignition switch has been turned OFF.